Monday, December 31, 2012

Count down to savings

My goal for us as a family for 2013 is to save as much as possible. Since I do the majority of the grocery shopping I feel like I have a lot of potential to contribute. This savings will go towards some home improvement projects (like painting) that will really improve the feel of the house. It also feels really good to pay for something with cash instead of credit.

Taking the time to make a quick and easy meal and not order take out will make a giant difference too. Last night I made a quick frittata with ingredients I had on hand. I defrosted some frozen biscuits to go with it and there was dinner. I need to make the most of what I have. Groceries are pricey, but I know I buy too much and make too many impulse buys.

No comments:

Post a Comment