Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Mid Week News

It is only Wednesday, but feels much more like Friday. Would you believe I have only worked one day this week?  A sick child kept me home Monday, and yesterday was a stressful day, to say the least. After a day of work we had a swimming lesson and then I drove to my sister's so the kids could spend the night, due to a teacher professional day.  We have our own on Friday. 

Needless to say I was hungry and did not want to only cook for myself because it was just me for dinner. I stopped at a local grocery store and bought a fresh precooked entree for $5.00. I have had bad luck before, so I blame myself. It was orange sesame chicken and rice. The rice was so raw it was crunchy. I could not eat it.  Bummer.  At least I did not order out.

This weekend I made a chicken tortellini soup that I love and others eat with minimal complaining. We ate it two nights in a row because Sunday was sort of a rough day.  Monday I roasted a whole cut up chicken. Tonight when I get home from work I will make a quick pizza dough and get the pizza made before I meet my sister and the kids at soccer practice.  Tomorrow I have the making for fajitas. Friday might just have to be eggs. Saturday it is back to the store.

No comments:

Post a Comment