Tuesday, April 4, 2017

I am so bad at 100 percent

I recently read an article that if you want to do something it is easier to do it if you put in 100 percent of your time.  The article made sense, but the more I think about it the harder it is.  The author recommended that you select the thing that needs doing and everything else will fall into place.

What if you have too many areas to focus on?  There are a handful of areas in my life that could use 100 percent.  I think my marriage needs 100 percent effort, but with two full time jobs, kids and a house to run that can be tough. My kids need 100 percent as well, but their day is long and we are frequently apart for 9 1/2 to 10 hours a day.  The weekend hits and my number one goal is to get the house cleaned up. Ouch! Or as my ten year old would say, "That's not what the weekend is for Mom."  I also think my job needs 100 percent, although sometimes it feels like even 100 percent isn't enough.

What about me?  I am desperately trying to lose weight. My overall goal is 40 pounds, but I am taking it slow. The only way to commit is to put 100 percent into my weight loss goal. Eating those chips isn't as important as being comfortable on the beach this summer. I have struggled with my weight most of my life, and I want to do something about it before I get too old. The first 5 pounds came off and then I floundered a bit. I am still down the 5 pounds with about 35 to go. Putting 100 percent into myself seems like a good choice because then it would spread to my marriage, my kids and my career.

There are other things that I interested in as well. I have always been interesting in writing. Hence this random blog I post on for multiple days in a row with major breaks. Maybe I can choose my 100 percent and the other things will fall into place. 

I guess I could always give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment