Saturday, September 22, 2012

The phone keeps ringing

I have two interviews next week. The phone rang again. Now that I had put this all behind me the phone rings twice. I haven't applied for a job in weeks. These were jobs I had applied for awhile back.

The first job is a long term substitute job that starts the end of October and runs through June. It could be a great way to jump back in and see what I can do. The other job is a part time tutoring position. It would be a great foot in the door, with half the time commitment and no take home work. I would need to wait tables at some capacity with the part time job. A big part of me was hoping to end my relationship with serving food.

The crazy part that I am trying to work through is the deep fear and anxiety that attacked me a couple hours after scheduling my second interview. Even though I worked hard to get a job, the idea of getting one is terrifying. I want one, but I am scared. I need to take a step back and just approach each interview as just an interview. If there is any job offer it will be my choice to take it. I will make the right one.

No comments:

Post a Comment