Thursday, January 7, 2016

A Challenge Helps to Keep Me Focused

So I am really into this January pantry challenge because it is day 4. Talk to me on day 25. We have done so well this week. This kids didn't even realize that they have not purchased lunch at school. It doesn't mean that they won't, but so far it has all come from home. 

I am also really into coffee and have written many times about the whole stop and get coffee problem that I, and many Americans, have. Well, when I leave my classroom, and the air is cold, and my eyes are closing, gosh I want some coffee. Monday I left work and knew it had to happen. Coffee. So I stopped at Dunkin Donuts, knowing that the over $50 worth of gift cards we got for Christmas were home. So I bought a cup of coffee. Well Tuesday I planned to get coffee, but I forgot to take the right turn. I was suddenly motivated to skip the coffee and focus on not spending. Yesterday I followed suit as well. Today I was really dying for hot chocolate, but I stuck to my guns and did not stop. I envisioned sitting around the table with the kids drinking homemade hot chocolate. Well, I did make them hot chocolate, while I made dinner, helped with homework, emptied the dishwasher, reminded my six year old to wash the blueberries off his hand and sit in a chair while eating etc. I did manage to drink some coffee at home of course. So now with my goals in hand, I have decided that I am going to stay away from buying coffee, or try really hard, while we are doing the pantry challenge. I can buy a lot of ground coffee with those gift cards, which will certainly help my pantry stay full for free.  

No comments:

Post a Comment