Monday, January 11, 2016

Taking time for me

So I did get back to the gym today. Finally. I joined over the vacation and made it four times. I was so proud of myself. Once work started back up I just could not get there. We had a cold snap too, so I had so many great excuses as to why I could not work out. Too cold, too tired, too LAZY.

The gym is one mile from my house. Yes, just one mile. That is why I joined. I figure in the summer I could walk down, work out, and walk home. Although I can be lazy, exercise boosts my mood, clears my mind, relieves stress, and just makes me feel better. Not to mention it may lower my weight.  That would be a nice bonus. Also, it will make me a better mother, wife, daughter, sister, friend, teacher, coworker. We wear so many hats, and if we want to wear them well we have to take the time to do something for us.  My typical time for myself involves cooking because I love it. Reading is also a favorite past time, however, I sort of get lost in my book and do nothing else. I would really love to add a regular work out schedule to my list of things that are for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment